Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dialogue: Nobody Talks Like That


As a fan of screenplay -writing, I tend to find inspiration in intelligent, fast paced-dialogue. When I hear people conversing, using witty phrases or atypical and peculiar references, it gets mind thinking outside the square.  This particular clip depicts my interest in dialogue and happens to be from my favorite film, Lucky Number Slevin. This film gets a lot of ridicule due to its bizarre dialogue, saying that it doesn’t really allow you to connect with any of the characters because no one really talks the way they do. Honestly, I wish people did talk like that, it would be more fun, and those awkward little conversations you have on the street with people you could really live without talking to for two minutes, might be worth it. This film also feeds you a story from the main character Slevin Kelevra, providing a pretty easily followed text, but we soon find Slevin to be  quite the unreliable narrator, revealing a certain subtext by the en; but I don’t want to toss out another spoiler.

No comments:

Post a Comment